Call for ALTA Vice President Nomination
On behalf of the ALTA Nominating Committee, we are soliciting nominations for the position of the Vice President of the association. After the deadline for the nomination, there will be an e-voting through which a nominee will be elected to the position.
The elected candidate will start their official term after the 2019 ALTA Conference.
The ALTA vice president will be responsible for the following:
- Serve ALTA on the Executive Board for a total of 4 years; 2 years as Vice-President, and 2 years as President.
- Serve as member of the ALTA Executive Board which meets once a year at the ALTA Annual Conference and via teleconferencing as needed.
- Attend all ALTA Conferences and arrive for the conference before the start of the official business of the conference.
- Oversee the production of ALTA Newsletter, Lugha.
- Participate in and lead various committees to handle specific ALTA business.
Nominees will be asked to submit a brief bio and a vision statement stating why they should be elected for the position.
Deadline for the nominations is January 14, 2019